I have just returned from the most amazing three weeks holiday. The tropical air still fresh in my hair and I’m fully subscribed to the 3am jetlag club. A small price for spending time in paradise.
I was on holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday 🎉 and part of this was to run my first overseas race – Maui Valley to Sea half marathon.
The half marathon was the most training I did. The holiday was an active – relaxing -chilling holiday.
There was cross training in the form of SUP or paddle boarding, surfing, snorkelling, kayaking & walking around San Francisco and beach & trail walks in Maui.
The climate suits me and no asthma issues at all while in the tropics. Maybe I need to move to Maui on medical grounds ?! 😁☀️🌴🌺🌊
Hawaii-50 Holiday Highlights- top 10 in no particular order 😁
San Francisco – Maui, Hawaii – San Francisco 2017
1. Whale watching close up from on the water in kayaks & small boats as well asfrom land. Mothers & calfs, male fin fight & head butting, triple breach on sunset cruise right in front of our boat
2. Swimming with sea turtle on sunrise snorkelling just off hotel beach Ka’anapali Beaxh Hotel – the most Hawaiian hotel. Most amazing nightly sunsets too, watched on the beach.
3. Snorkelling boat trip with reef fish & pod of spinner dolphins around us and visiting our fourth Hawaiian island Lanai.
4. Sunset dinner sail on birthday
5. Food – Hawaiian plate lunches from Huli Huli including fresh fish, chicken, & pork, knife wielding chefs at KOBO Japanese restaurant, crabs in San Francisco as chowder & Alfredo
6. Hana – Hamoa & Koki beaches for chilling, surfing & the Hana Highway drive
7. Alcatraz The Rock tour. The audio tour brought the place to life. Ex-convict signing books.
8. Maui half marathon – Sea to Valley to Sea. Fun run in the sun. Running with flowers in my hair in Hana.
9. Finding two hammocks to spend a few hours in paradise on a sugar sand beach on Lanai’a island ( our 4th Hawaiian island)
10. Paddle boarding- seeing whales blowing & green sea turtles swimming around me while I cross trained.
There are so many memories & photos to choose from this really is just a taster of our travels.
Aloha ❤️ A hui hou – until we meet again in Maui